Author Topic: Interesting/Unusual Things That Happened To Me Today  (Read 438071 times)

Hugh Jazz

• Ecstacy
    • View Profile
    • Expect Delay
Interesting/Unusual Things That Happened To Me Today
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2006, 11:14:54 AM »
Quote from: "DarkSloth"
What is it with insanity/drunkness and dennys.

What else are you going to go when you're loaded at 3am?

Quote from: "cezukuu"
Dennys are awesome. I used to spend whole summers frequenting those places at night. The people you meet are crazy, ne?

I used to do that as well.  After feeling less than stellar after eating there the last three times though, my preference has turned to IHOP.

Some of the things you hear at those places are classic though.  My best friend and I have made a hobby out of eavesdropping in other peoples conversations at the smoking section of IHOP.

CatZilla

« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2006, 01:13:59 PM »
My mom used to frequent dennys for that sole purpose.

http://www.worldisround.com/articles/291670/index.html

You can see the Jessica Simspon burger there...among other things. My family wanted to see what our house and GA was like, so I made this photo album for 'em. But I hate the way worldisround smushes things.

DarkSloth

• Ecstacy
  • Died in technicolor
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2006, 11:18:45 PM »
at first i tried really hard to see it... but nothing. A few hours later i look at it again.. bam! It almost hit me.. I kinda see it. She is looking towards the left, correct? Of all the people... jessica simpson.  :lol:

mxy

« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2006, 08:44:47 AM »
I see no Jessica Simpson!
Nice pictures though.  A question from a foreigner - what's GA, is it Georgia?

Hugh Jazz

• Ecstacy
    • View Profile
    • Expect Delay
« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2006, 10:23:08 AM »
Quote from: "mxy"
I see no Jessica Simpson!
A question from a foreigner - what's GA, is it Georgia?

It is Georgia.

It's also an acronym for "God's Ass", though in this case they're both one and the same.

I am kidding by the way.

Hugh Jazz

• Ecstacy
    • View Profile
    • Expect Delay
« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2006, 09:31:00 PM »
Yesterday afternoon someone took the liberty of smearing shit all over the floor on the aisle between infants and boys at work (I work at Target). When the staff on hand at the time was notified, flies had collected.

Would you believe that there are now house flies and MAGGOT FLIES all over the store?

I spoke to management about that. If nothing has been done by tomorrow afternoon, I'm making a few phone calls...

chrisjedijane

• Ecstacy
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 21, 2006, 01:02:15 AM »
wow, that's bad craic! I work in Tesco over here (our equivalent of wal-mart) and one day this guy came in, shit his pants and started to shake it down his trouser leg  :shock:

I nearly threw up, it was awful! Our manager had to follow his trail, picking up all the little bits of crap. Working in supermarkets really makes you have a massive disdain for the public.

well, today I'm off to Edinburgh for the weekend to visit some friends - I'm really looking forward to it!
"I want to be ear-raped (in a good way) by You Made Me Realize in a field in Laois"

CatZilla

« Reply #37 on: April 21, 2006, 04:29:16 PM »
Quote from: "chrisjedijane"
wow, that's bad craic! I work in Tesco over here (our equivalent of wal-mart) and one day this guy came in, shit his pants and started to shake it down his trouser leg  :shock:

*barfs*

EWW. One thing is little kids doing that (still gross), but a GROWN MAN?

Interesting thing for me: A giant golden retriever ran onto my property and started scaring up the animals. I had to put my dogs (scottie and welsh corgie) away because they all started to get into a fight and I didn't want anyone getting stitches or infected wounds...after that I walked to the dog my siblings to the owner, which lives a few houses away...of course, since everyone owns so much acreage down here it was a long way off. I see the owner from a distance and say "hey. is this your dog?", and and I run closer I realize it's some old german baptist dude, little glasses, funky clothes, long beard and all. He seemed more..surpised than thankful. Just kinda stood there staring at us, and eventually asking us where we lived. As we started walking away he said thank you, though.

German baptist pretty much = amish. It's all semantics; I think the difference is in how much time they spend praying each day...or something like that. I don't know too much about them. Apparently, there's a large community here (them and ex-hippies. field of dreams, anyone?). Our house was previously owned by a german baptist family, in fact.

Yay, someone saw Jessica Simpson! I think you have to be in the right...er..."mood" to see it.

DarkSloth

• Ecstacy
  • Died in technicolor
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 25, 2006, 05:30:37 PM »
While this might not be particularly weird for anyone else... it is veyr strange for me. Today, after almost 7 years without them, i am finally wearing blue jeans. One day, i decided to stop wearing blue jeans... not for any particular reason, but maybe i just slowly started running out of them. But i've been wearing khakis and other cargo pants since. I had never looked back.. It wasn't until a year or so in that i realized its been a while since i've worn jeans.

While in the middle of highschool i basically made it my goal not to have a single day of wearing jeans... that goal was completely accomplished... After that, still i had no need to wear jeans. My mom always wanted to buy me jeans, but i never showed interest in them. But now, i felt that my little streak should end. Last sunday i went with my mother and purchased a few pairs of jeans.. It was the strangest thing buying them. I was filled with these new stylish jeans, and almost ran away again. But no.... i was determined to finally get some jeans... and found some that looked normal enough. So today, is when i finally tried them out.. i'm here, wearing my jeans. I still like khakis more though... but atleast i got some variety.

mxy

« Reply #39 on: April 26, 2006, 12:06:42 PM »
Funny, I've never really thought about it before but I don't ever recall wearing blue jeans myself.  Not ever.  In fact I never wear anything but black ones.
Anyway, I came out of work yesterday and, yes, the road had been cordoned off again.  Not another armed robbery though - this time a bus had left the road, mounted the pavement, smashed through a bus shelter and gone straight into a sandwich shop, injuring two pedestrians and the driver.  The fun we have!
There's a nice ariel picture of the scene here if you scroll down a bit.

DarkSloth

• Ecstacy
  • Died in technicolor
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 26, 2006, 04:32:07 PM »
You guys don't mess around with those busses do you.. They are huge!

chrisjedijane

• Ecstacy
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 27, 2006, 04:55:06 AM »
articulated buses are the best fun - I used to go to school in one, you'd always end up trying to walk down it and getting stuck in the articulated bit as it went round a corner. It was mildly perilous...
"I want to be ear-raped (in a good way) by You Made Me Realize in a field in Laois"

mxy

« Reply #42 on: April 27, 2006, 03:10:24 PM »
The bendy buses - they're replacing all the old double deckers with these monstrosities that are twice as long but half as high.  They're sort of double-jointed in the middle.  They're doing the same in London as far as I know, where they're not too popular (I read that a couple of them caught fire in mid-journey or something).

CatZilla

« Reply #43 on: April 30, 2006, 04:38:23 PM »
Quote from: "DarkSloth"

While in the middle of highschool i basically made it my goal not to have a single day of wearing jeans... that goal was completely accomplished... After that, still i had no need to wear jeans. My mom always wanted to buy me jeans, but i never showed interest in them. But now, i felt that my little streak should end. Last sunday i went with my mother and purchased a few pairs of jeans.. It was the strangest thing buying them. I was filled with these new stylish jeans, and almost ran away again. But no.... i was determined to finally get some jeans... and found some that looked normal enough. So today, is when i finally tried them out.. i'm here, wearing my jeans. I still like khakis more though... but atleast i got some variety.

Wow. This may sound strange, but practically the same exact thing happened to me--except it was first year of college. All I saw were blue jeans, and after a fews weeks I just started to to find them really. boring. So I didn't wear blue jeans.

But then I decided to get a nice pair that (just like your case) fit normal-- sits at the waist, not too snug, not hippie-ish either. Nice classic jeans. But since I'm short and couldn't find a decent length, I have to roll up the bottoms of the legs a bit.

The Ramones would be proud.

Now I just need to get a good black pair, to match my clothes better :/

Interesting thing that happened to me today: I discovered I couldn't reach the light switch chain that turns off the light in my new closet. Now I have to find something to extend it a bit...grr...

mxy

« Reply #44 on: May 07, 2006, 12:54:02 PM »
Interesting thing that happened to me today - I looked on the 'my band' thread and saw that Auteau doesn't, as I had always imagined, look like Nish from 'Strictly Soho'.  In the slightest.

Interesting thing that will happen to me tomorrow - I finally go under the surgeon's knife to have the tumour cut out of my throat (just as I was starting to get attached to the little fella).
So the next time I speak to you I'll be bandaged up like the phantom of the opera.

See you when they kick me out of hospital - play nicely!

And
banana banana banana banana banana banana banana