Author Topic: Interesting/Unusual Things That Happened To Me Today  (Read 438070 times)

Hugh Jazz

• Ecstacy
    • View Profile
    • Expect Delay
Interesting/Unusual Things That Happened To Me Today
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2006, 04:48:28 PM »
Quote from: "CatZilla"
Quote from: "Shawn"
Quote from: "dead_red_eyes"
I was born and raised in Ft.Worth ... I honestly can't stand going back down there anymore ... for tons of reasons .. I'm sure you could guess a couple of them.

I can't blame you.  I've more or less hated this place with a passion since I moved here (I was born and raised in southern California).

Why did you move? Not that southern Cali's known for being fantastic but..I dunno, I've never pictured Ft. Worth to be quite the hot spot either.

My family hit the point where if my mom didn't get a job in her field (city planning), we wouldn't be able to afford living out there.  Because the job market for that field was so poor out there (no jobs) she had to look elsewhere, and we ended up in Dallas.

Quite frankly a part of me wishes we never left.

CatZilla

« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2006, 04:51:30 PM »
Oh! Yeah, I can understand the move now...it's actually kind of what I'm going through at the moment--we'll be moving, possibly in a matter of weeks, to northern GA. Too expensive down here, especially for a family of seven.

Hugh Jazz

• Ecstacy
    • View Profile
    • Expect Delay
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2006, 05:35:01 PM »
Oh! Yeah, I can understand the move now...it's actually kind of what I'm going through at the moment--we'll be moving, possibly in a matter of weeks, to northern GA. Too expensive down here, especially for a family of seven.

Yeah, I can imagine that would be rather expensive.

Hope the move goes well for you!

auteau

• Ecstacy
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2006, 05:26:55 AM »

My family hit the point where if my mom didn't get a job in her field (city planning), we wouldn't be able to afford living out there.  Because the job market for that field was so poor out there (no jobs) she had to look elsewhere, and we ended up in Dallas.

Ever thought of moving back?

Hugh Jazz

• Ecstacy
    • View Profile
    • Expect Delay
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2006, 10:35:34 AM »
Quote from: "auteau"

Ever thought of moving back?

Yeah.  It probably wouldn't be until after I've graduated college, but moving back has always been in the back of my mind.

CatZilla

« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2006, 04:47:26 PM »
Not so interesting thing that'll happen to me today: PACKING MY COMPUTER!

Sorry for disappearing from the forums, but I've been busy doing alot of pre-moving work..packing, packing, more packing, etc. And sadly, I'll probably be gone for awhile--at least 'till I unpack and set up my computer agan, which might possibly a few weeks from now (at worst).

Toodles... :(

Hugh Jazz

• Ecstacy
    • View Profile
    • Expect Delay
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2006, 11:43:29 PM »

Sorry for disappearing from the forums, but I've been busy doing alot of pre-moving work..packing, packing, more packing, etc. And sadly, I'll probably be gone for awhile--at least 'till I unpack and set up my computer agan, which might possibly a few weeks from now (at worst).

No worries about briefly disappearing.  Real life happens.

*hug* Good luck with the move.  If you get lonely on the road (assuming your driving out) or in forum withdrawl just thing of  banana and moose .

chrisjedijane

• Ecstacy
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2006, 01:08:14 AM »
Unusual thing that happened to me today... I woke up before 10 am...

GO ME!

:oops:
"I want to be ear-raped (in a good way) by You Made Me Realize in a field in Laois"

mxy

« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2006, 07:21:01 AM »

Awww...bye for  while Cat, see you when you're settled in.
Safe journey!

banana banana banana

DarkSloth

• Ecstacy
  • Died in technicolor
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2006, 12:23:12 AM »
Tonight, a good buddy and me, were driving around just wasting time. We had decided to go to another friend's house to try to borrow his playstation so we can play street fighter all night... there, we saw this pretty bad accident. An suv was flipped and there was this guy on the phone.. there, we saw another woman on the floor from the flipped car... I was pretty freaked. I've never seen a gruesome scene like that, so i was reluctant to stop and help.. I saw the guy with her on the phone and expected things to be alright... but my friend convinced me to stop and help. Things weren't a blood stained mess like i thought..

The guy the suv crashed with, apparently sped away after the accident, but another guy who was there got him and brought him back to the scene.. Once the firefighters and the cops started coming, we decided to leave. But man, i've never seen such a thing before. Looks like everything turned out fine. Asked some guy for a cigarette while on the ground. But yeah.. surreal.

CatZilla

« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2006, 06:19:59 PM »
Bananas!

Ooh, well it appears as if I'm back. Sort of. Still loads of crap to do while I'm adjusting to my new home...which is pretty different from my old home. Seven acres of foresty stuff is very different from anything that can be found back in south FL. And the dry air is NOT something my skin is used to either...

Interesting thing that happened to me today (and it's less gory than Darksloth's!): I went to Huddle House, and saw that the hamburger and fries picture on the menue, when tilted at a certain angle, looked like Jessica Simpson.

I took pictures of it too. Must post when I have the time...

Hugh Jazz

• Ecstacy
    • View Profile
    • Expect Delay
« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2006, 10:28:49 AM »
Bananas!

Ooh, well it appears as if I'm back. Sort of. Still loads of crap to do while I'm adjusting to my new home...which is pretty different from my old home. Seven acres of foresty stuff is very different from anything that can be found back in south FL. And the dry air is NOT something my skin is used to either...

Interesting thing that happened to me today (and it's less gory than Darksloth's!): I went to Huddle House, and saw that the hamburger and fries picture on the menue, when tilted at a certain angle, looked like Jessica Simpson.

I took pictures of it too. Must post when I have the time...

Welcome back!  How do you like the change of scenery?

And do post that pic.  The idea of a piece of meat looking like Jessica Simpson (of all people) tickles me greatly.

Hugh Jazz

• Ecstacy
    • View Profile
    • Expect Delay
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2006, 11:08:57 PM »
I was told by someone at Denny's that if I ever went to prison, I'd either be paying protection money or wearing eye shadow within two days of being processed.  He then regailed my friends and I with stories he collected while serving time for forgery in a state penitentary.

You meet the most interesting people at all-night diners.

DarkSloth

• Ecstacy
  • Died in technicolor
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2006, 11:42:12 PM »
What is it with insanity/drunkness and dennys.

cezukuu

« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2006, 07:48:48 AM »
Dennys are awesome. I used to spend whole summers frequenting those places at night. The people you meet are crazy, ne?