Author Topic: what are you playing?  (Read 102118 times)

symbiosis

• Ecstacy
    • View Profile
Re: what are you playing?
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2007, 05:00:35 PM »
For the past year or so, i've been playing a lot of Guild Wars. Other than that, I really haven't played much. I don't have much free time that I don't use sleeping or watching the food network.

Come this monday though, I'll be playing and finally beating Super Metroid when it gets released on virtual console. Then, some Metroid Prime 3 when it releases.

i was never much of a guild wars guy, i beta tested and didnt care for it. then world of warcraft embrace me.  although i did just recently cancel my account.

preordered Metroid Prime 3, mega excited.
i was gonna download super metroid as well, but im still DKC2 till then, so i'll wait till i beat Metroid Prime 3.

i also downloaded this off the wii virtual console.

fun times.
...duh

fansince93

« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2007, 06:27:31 AM »
my guitar.... Black Mountain Side .......

d_r_e

• Ecstacy
  • Crush
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2007, 06:40:14 AM »
my guitar.... Black Mountain Side .......

Hey now, this is about video games!  ;D
audiowhore

SlowKiss

• Ecstacy
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2007, 08:19:47 AM »

symbiosis

• Ecstacy
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2007, 10:49:34 AM »
...duh

Hugh Jazz

• Ecstacy
    • View Profile
    • Expect Delay
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2007, 03:00:51 PM »

Saw better costumes at ComicCon (if a girl can dress like Luigi and look convincing, then that's a damn good costume).

symbiosis

• Ecstacy
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2007, 04:38:37 PM »
Saw better costumes at ComicCon (if a girl can dress like Luigi and look convincing, then that's a damn good costume).

so thats why you were in san diego right?
...duh

Hugh Jazz

• Ecstacy
    • View Profile
    • Expect Delay
« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2007, 05:39:54 PM »
so thats why you were in san diego right?

Partly.  There were several other factors that led to me deciding to go there (eg financal aspects).
« Last Edit: August 17, 2007, 05:42:02 PM by Shawn »

red_atm

• Glider
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2007, 06:15:01 PM »
i was never much of a guild wars guy, i beta tested and didnt care for it. then world of warcraft embrace me.  although i did just recently cancel my account.

preordered Metroid Prime 3, mega excited.
i was gonna download super metroid as well, but im still DKC2 till then, so i'll wait till i beat Metroid Prime 3.

i also downloaded this off the wii virtual console.

fun times.

Kirby's Adventure is WONDERFUL. It's probably the best Kirby game, which is saying a lot, because I love Kirby's Dreamland 2 and Kirby's Dreamland 3 like a motherfucker.

DarkSloth

• Ecstacy
  • Died in technicolor
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2007, 07:19:08 PM »
I got into World of Warcraft in a heavy way for about a month. Made tons of characters, but settled oh a Troll Shaman. Got him to lvl 40. It was started to affect my life. I was staying up all night playing, sacrificing precious few hours of sleep before my morning class. I would also try to sneak in 30 minutes of play on tuesdays before maintenance. Overall, it was just starting to get bad how much time I was wasting on that game.

Still, I didn't quit because of how it was killing me, but because I hated it not having any real goals. I didn't like its gear based system and absolutely hated the way spells worked. Guild wars is much more similar to a card based game, and has an almost single player feel when playing the campaigns. The great thing though, is that I get to just stop, take a break and start playing whenever I want without any fees.

Oh, and Kirby was an awesome game.

chrisjedijane

• Ecstacy
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2007, 03:41:32 AM »

I'm dressing up Super Mario with one of my flatmates (who's going as luigi) for a party on thursday night. I might even take a picture for you guys :D

Currently I'm on my second round of Resi 4 on the Wii, and playing a lot of half life 2 on the Xbox.

oh, and a shit load of Street Fighter II turbo.
"I want to be ear-raped (in a good way) by You Made Me Realize in a field in Laois"

Tweez

« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2007, 04:18:05 AM »
I'm dressing up Super Mario with one of my flatmates (who's going as luigi) for a party on thursday night. I might even take a picture for you guys :D

Currently I'm on my second round of Resi 4 on the Wii, and playing a lot of half life 2 on the Xbox.

oh, and a shit load of Street Fighter II turbo.
Hehe I played Resi 4 on the Wii yesterday, it rules, I sniped a few zombies and then ended up running out of ammo on all my weapons and got killed by an axe wielding maniac.

chrisjedijane

• Ecstacy
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2007, 05:04:57 AM »
Yeah, it's brilliant isn't it?

Just wait until you have to deal with the chainsaw guys in the earlier part of the game - you pretty much only have the pistol and the shotgun, it's panic central :)
"I want to be ear-raped (in a good way) by You Made Me Realize in a field in Laois"

Tweez

« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2007, 05:14:15 AM »
Haha I tried flailing my knife but it was too late. Also featured in the Wii session was that awesome tank game and Billiards on Wii Play, and all of Wii Sports. I so have to get one of these.

d_r_e

• Ecstacy
  • Crush
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2007, 08:29:23 AM »
Haha I tried flailing my knife but it was too late. Also featured in the Wii session was that awesome tank game and Billiards on Wii Play, and all of Wii Sports. I so have to get one of these.

The Wii is SUPER fun!
audiowhore