Author Topic: what are you playing?  (Read 102115 times)

symbiosis

• Ecstacy
    • View Profile
what are you playing?
« on: August 15, 2007, 02:44:25 PM »
video game wise.

lately i've been playing...

downloaded it off the nintendo wii virtual console, awesome.
...duh

Ghost World

• Ecstacy
    • View Profile
Re: what are you playing?
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2007, 02:56:31 PM »
Mario Kart on the gamecube

d_r_e

• Ecstacy
  • Crush
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2007, 03:19:07 PM »
I never got around to playing Donkey Kong Country 2.

I'm playing 3 games at the moment.  Hotel Dusk : Room 215  for the DS, Far Cry for the PC (second time thru), and Silent Hill 3 for the PS2. I only play Silent Hill at night, when the lady is asleep ... fun stuff!

I'm just about at the end of Silent Hill 3, I think. My lady is going to see her parents for a week this Friday, and I'll start to play Resident Evil (the remake) for the Gamecube. Should be fun!!! I've had it for a couple of years now, but still haven't played it yet. I'm going to start at the beginning ... and by the time I go thru all of the series, Resident Evil 5 should be out.

Side note, I LOVE Akira Yamaokas soundtracks for the Silent Hill series ... sooo good. The Silent Hill 3 soundtrack is my favorite so far.

Let it be known, I'm a HUGE gamer and have been since the Atari 2600. I still remember the day when my mother bought me the NES on the day of its release ... ahh the good ol' days.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2007, 03:21:16 PM by dead_red_eyes »
audiowhore

red_atm

• Glider
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2007, 03:46:12 PM »
I really want DKC2. I might download it as well if the opportunity arises.

I have been playing through Final Fantasy VIII a ton lately. I finally want to beat this thing. But I'm not just going to beat it, I'm going to make it my bitch. All Guardian Forces and ultimate Weapons, as well as probably getting everyone to lvl. 99.

symbiosis

• Ecstacy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2007, 04:07:19 PM »
I really want DKC2. I might download it as well if the opportunity arises.

I have been playing through Final Fantasy VIII a ton lately. I finally want to beat this thing. But I'm not just going to beat it, I'm going to make it my bitch. All Guardian Forces and ultimate Weapons, as well as probably getting everyone to lvl. 99.

with DKC2, you can never go wrong with a pirate themed game. =]

plus pirates are mofo's,
...duh

Hugh Jazz

• Ecstacy
    • View Profile
    • Expect Delay
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2007, 10:28:04 PM »
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (PS2) and Bust-A-Move DS have been my main games lately.  I'm probably going to trade in a few DS games I don't play at all anymore (Trauma Center and possibly MarioKart) and get something new pretty soon.

My best friend loaned me the Devil May Cry series, but I haven't gotten around to playing them yet.

I'm playing 3 games at the moment.  Hotel Dusk : Room 215  for the DS, Far Cry for the PC (second time thru), and Silent Hill 3 for the PS2. I only play Silent Hill at night, when the lady is asleep ... fun stuff!

Hotel Dusk is fantastic.  I got it shortly after it came out, and finished it in under 10 days.

DarkSloth

• Ecstacy
  • Died in technicolor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2007, 10:40:12 PM »
For the past year or so, i've been playing a lot of Guild Wars. Other than that, I really haven't played much. I don't have much free time that I don't use sleeping or watching the food network.

Come this monday though, I'll be playing and finally beating Super Metroid when it gets released on virtual console. Then, some Metroid Prime 3 when it releases.

White Trash Hero

• Ecstacy
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2007, 12:00:26 AM »
Worms HD and Doom for the Xbox Live Arcade. Shit, I always end up getting a text from this Danish guy who is either stoned, drunk, both or sober, and I always get the living shit beaten out of me.

But it's loads of fun. Kinda horrible situation that your favourite games on a platform is something you could play over 10 years ago... :(

red_atm

• Glider
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2007, 06:00:02 AM »
Nah. The best of us play classic games like that. But you do have a 360 for christs sake, so get Gears if you don't already have it.

DarkSloth

• Ecstacy
  • Died in technicolor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2007, 06:48:12 AM »
and Bioshock in a couple of days!

White Trash Hero

• Ecstacy
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2007, 06:49:31 AM »
Gears sucks! I want The Darkness, Blue Dragon and Viva Piņata!

Unfortunately I won't have the money. And all my friends are talking about this game called... Halo 3... :(

d_r_e

• Ecstacy
  • Crush
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2007, 08:24:34 AM »
Gears sucks!

I should slap you for saying such a thing! Gears is fucking awesomesauce!!!

Bioshock looks to be a great game ... I really enjoyed the demo, played it twice thru now.

Mass Effect is a game that I'm really looking forward too. As well as Fallout 3 ... oh baby ... soooooo hot!

Shawn, the Devil May Cry series is awesome ... even tho the second one is a little lacking, but the 3rd is fucking awesome.

The Darkness looks *okay* ... but I am definitely down with Blue Dragon, that's gonna be some hot stuff right there. Been a long time since I've dived into a JRPG. Hell the last Final Fantasy game I played was Final Fantasy IX. I really loved FF VII and VIII as well. Classics right there.

I wish that I could just build another PC, just so I could rock the shit out of "Crysis" ... but I need some music equipment. Gotta love priorities.

I forgot to mention that I finally got around to beating S.T.A.L.K.E.R. last week ... it was really fun, and I'm excited to play thru it again as it has 7 different endings. STALKER is one of my favorite movies of all time ... so I gotta say that whatever shortcomings this game has ... I can easily look past them. The sequel S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky looks really good so far, but I'm also going to need a new PC for that as well. I'm still stuck with my old AMD 3500+, 2 Gigs PC3200 RAM, BFG GeForce 6800 GT OC 256mb DDR3 RAM. At least my main harddrive is nice tho, the Western Digital Raptor 75GB SATA 10,000rpm 8mb cache ,,, super fast mo fo ... love it. I can at least salvage that.
audiowhore

White Trash Hero

• Ecstacy
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2007, 09:02:06 AM »
Gears have "unpossible" controls. That said, the graphics are nice.

But, to go off topic, what do you guys think about the achievement system for the 360?

d_r_e

• Ecstacy
  • Crush
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2007, 09:06:14 AM »
I think that the achievement system is fucking awesome, because it adds to the game (replayability and such). My best friend and I are always trying to one up each other ... it's great. I remember for a while there his girlfriend and mine were battling it out over Hexic ... funny stuff.
audiowhore

White Trash Hero

• Ecstacy
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2007, 09:22:10 AM »
Yeah, but it can be frustrating sometimes as well. Like in some games... Kill 100 enemies with (insert random weapon name here).

I mean, what the fuck? How much did they think?

But it's great in games like Oblivion. I don't think you can be happy in both Fighters Guild and Dark Brotherhood with just one character.