Author Topic: "and it won't be long"  (Read 3269 times)

DREAMS ON VHS

"and it won't be long"
« on: July 31, 2007, 03:38:15 PM »
Knowing the lyrics to When You Sleep helped me to hear one particular line in each verse differently: "and it won't be long". I can't remember what I thought Bilinda and Kevin sang before, but back then I heard the line sung in a different way. It's funny to me that I never noticed that the two singers sang the word "long" like "LoNNnng". I have a whole new appreciation for the song now. Weird.

Hugh Jazz

• Ecstacy
    • View Profile
    • Expect Delay
Re: "and it won't be long"
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2007, 09:31:24 PM »
I've always thought the exact lyrics were inconsequential, as I quite like being able to interperet them as I please.

And totally off topic, but you're username is amazing.

symbiosis

• Ecstacy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2007, 11:11:25 PM »
I've always thought the exact lyrics were inconsequential, as I quite like being able to interperet them as I please.

And totally off topic, but you're username is amazing.

agreed, great user name.
...duh

chrisjedijane

• Ecstacy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2007, 01:24:25 AM »
+1 on the username :)

and yeah, one of my favourite things about MBV is that the lyrics really don't matter at all.
"I want to be ear-raped (in a good way) by You Made Me Realize in a field in Laois"

red_atm

• Glider
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2007, 05:26:26 AM »
I'm going to step up to the plate and make the embarassing statement that I don't understand the username, and I humbly request that someone explain it to me so that I no longer have to sit back in obscurity wondering why it is good.

DREAMS ON VHS

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2007, 09:17:43 AM »
I'm going to step up to the plate and make the embarassing statement that I don't understand the username, and I humbly request that someone explain it to me so that I no longer have to sit back in obscurity wondering why it is good.

The meaning is simple: Your dreams are available to re-view on VHS.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2007, 11:02:24 AM by DREAMS ON VHS »

Ghost World

• Ecstacy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2007, 10:55:46 AM »
If only we could tape dreams to watch back. I've had many that I'm sure David Lynch fans would have found entertaining.