Author Topic: Latest record you bought  (Read 159804 times)

White Trash Hero

• Ecstacy
    • View Profile
Latest record you bought
« on: April 13, 2007, 02:57:20 AM »
Okay, I looked through the forum to see if there was anything like this, but with no success. So I went to a record store today, and by accident I happened to be at the metal/hard rock/hardcore part, where I found these two:

The Meshuggah album is re-recorded, and sounds great. Don't know if there's any other metalhead on the forum, so I just guess that most of you should run away from it when you see it.

Fantômas = Mike Patton = Great!

Don't ask me how I've had that album on the computer for three years without buying it. Although John Zorn's "The Big Gundown" is a better soundtrack cover album, but Swedish record stores, you know... :(
« Last Edit: April 13, 2007, 03:01:50 AM by Holada »

Tweez

Re: Latest record you bought
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2007, 03:47:43 AM »
I like some metal/heavier stuff (Kyuss, The Melvins and Helmet for example), definitely NOT a Meshuggah fan though. The latest record I bought was You May Die In The Desert - Bears In The Yukon EP, I'm off to Manchester on Wednesday to see Explosions in the Sky though, so I'll definitely pick some stuff up while I'm there.

White Trash Hero

• Ecstacy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2007, 04:28:51 AM »
The more brutal it gets, the better metal it is. ;)

But yes, softer stuff can be good too. I really like Kyuss and Melvins, for example. Early Metallica (first two albums) are good too.

Thing is that I like how something that brutal can sound that melodic, in Meshuggahs' and Cannibal Corpses' (and so on...) cases. :)

SlowKiss

• Ecstacy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2007, 04:47:50 AM »
JAMC - Sidewalking 12"
Teh arcade fire - neon bible [deluxe edition]
hüsker dü - zen arcade [double vinyl]
qotsa - the idiot's guide 12"

Tweez

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2007, 09:18:22 AM »
The more brutal it gets, the better metal it is. ;)

But yes, softer stuff can be good too. I really like Kyuss and Melvins, for example. Early Metallica (first two albums) are good too.

Thing is that I like how something that brutal can sound that melodic, in Meshuggahs' and Cannibal Corpses' (and so on...) cases. :)
I'm never going to be able to forgive you for this post Holada.

Hugh Jazz

• Ecstacy
    • View Profile
    • Expect Delay
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2007, 09:41:03 AM »
I think the only CD I've actually bought this year was Black Dice's Beaches And Canyons.

SlowKiss

• Ecstacy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2007, 10:34:39 AM »
hey holada...jens lekman is a great swedish songwriter! :) I love so many songs off 'oh you're so silent jens'...really moving stuff also, like "pocketful of money" and "sky phenomenon"..thos songs are just amazing!

White Trash Hero

• Ecstacy
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2007, 06:02:08 AM »
Yes, he's good. Check out El Perro Del Mar as well, if you're into that kind of music.

Saw that you played "Silent Shout". If you like that and IDM, you should check out "Solid State" by Pluxus.

d_r_e

• Ecstacy
  • Crush
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2007, 08:52:46 AM »
Manual - "Until Tomorrow" (iTunes)
The Cure - "Disintegration" (vinyl)
Bjork - "Eath Intruders [single]" (iTunes)
audiowhore

Tweez

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2007, 11:48:51 AM »
I got the Cure's Seventeen Seconds on vinyl the other week, an original too, my favourite Cure record by a long way.

badpun

« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2007, 02:27:41 AM »
I bought Rubber Factory by The Black Keys i already had it burnt but it was worth the price for the strange artwork.

SlowKiss

• Ecstacy
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2007, 02:39:04 AM »
Yes, he's good. Check out El Perro Del Mar as well, if you're into that kind of music.

Saw that you played "Silent Shout". If you like that and IDM, you should check out "Solid State" by Pluxus.

i'M coming down a hiiiiiill...a-oh-aoh got some good news......, yes, el perro del mar is very good, she sure has a fantastic voice! I like her album
thanks for the suggestion about pluxus! I'm going to try to find some clips of them :)

Tweez

« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2007, 03:15:37 AM »
I bought Rubber Factory by The Black Keys i already had it burnt but it was worth the price for the strange artwork.
Unlucky  :'(

chrisjedijane

• Ecstacy
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2007, 04:25:50 AM »
The last record i bought was....

Espers - "II"

if i remember correctly.

I've got a lot of new CD's lately through the magazine i'm reviewing for, though.
"I want to be ear-raped (in a good way) by You Made Me Realize in a field in Laois"

White Trash Hero

• Ecstacy
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2007, 04:42:05 AM »
i'M coming down a hiiiiiill...a-oh-aoh got some good news......, yes, el perro del mar is very good, she sure has a fantastic voice! I like her album
thanks for the suggestion about pluxus! I'm going to try to find some clips of them :)
The album is a collection of her first CD singles, plus one song. Those singles were very limited, so I had to download them before I got the collection.

I've got a lot of new CD's lately through the magazine i'm reviewing for, though.
Don't put that up. It would be like if I wrote down every CD I get for free from working in that record store.

Just so that everybody knows; this is what you bought, not what you've gotten. :)