Author Topic: The My Bloody Valentine vinyl reissues are shipping!  (Read 3136 times)

Lotus

• Glider
    • View Profile
Re: The My Bloody Valentine vinyl reissues are shipping!
« Reply #60 on: January 30, 2018, 06:52:36 AM »
The one from thkw into i only said jolted me. I'd noticed on the CD analogue remaster is was sharper/more pronounced than the original. It felt even more so on this vinyl. I've only listened to it once so far in not the best of moods. I was also getting a lot of new-vinyl crackles and pops which were annoying. More on side 1.

loveably tiny demon

• Ecstacy
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 30, 2018, 11:17:59 AM »
I referred to the one before soon in my track by track above ... noticeables

Lotus

• Glider
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 30, 2018, 12:38:02 PM »
Well I lost points anyway, not thkw, when you sleep obvs. Prolly reason enough to delete my account.

stewthom

• Geek
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 02, 2018, 06:13:03 AM »
Loveless: OMG. It's like a dusty old Rembrandt or Raphael canvas has been restored. And my hearing isn't even that keen.

loveably tiny demon

• Ecstacy
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 02, 2018, 04:22:12 PM »
Anyone else finding blown a wish a little bit ‘muffled’

Here Comes Everybody

• Loomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 06, 2018, 05:02:06 AM »
Anyone else finding blown a wish a little bit ‘muffled’
I'll have another listen. The main one for me was To Here Knows When: it was quite disturbing by the end. Just shows how comfortable I'd become listening to my other one.

loveably tiny demon

• Ecstacy
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 06, 2018, 02:34:24 PM »
Yep ^^^ THKW sounded like burning, it’s alwats got that quality but on this version it’s pretty crazy.

Blown a wish just sound a bit like ‘fluff on the needle’ if you know what I mean. Everything else is improved to my ears.

Focks

• Touched
  • isn't anything
    • View Profile
    • Retro Candy Mecca
« Reply #67 on: February 09, 2018, 01:01:31 PM »
I'm in the States and still waiting on my copy of Loveless. .. :(

Feed The Collapse

• Ecstacy
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 14, 2018, 01:20:20 PM »
someone from RYM in the US got their copies today. My wife ordered me a shirt that apparently came last week (she gave it to me today).

cristian

• Loomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 16, 2018, 06:05:10 AM »
So far I've listened to Loveless almost 10 times. The original DMM pressing remains the reference for the original aesthetics of the album but I'd say this analog reissue sounds better than the original DMM townhouse pressing. The overall sound is more focused on the mid-range noise like in MBV.
"Only shallow" and "Loomer": much more "raw" sounding, I can hear some guitar overtones I hadn't noticed in the original. Can't tell if I prefer these ones over the originals, but I really like their new "wild" sound.
"Touched" : not much difference.
"To here knows when": The tremolo version sounds blunted, the original album version sounds brighter and this one sounds MASSIVE, very noisy wall of sound... Love it!
"When you sleep" ,and "Come in alone": both have more depth and low end. Beat the original!
"I only said": the guitars are all over the place, drums are buried under the noise. Really like this one, very representative of their live sound.
"Blown a wish": This one is greatly improved, sounds less "high-pitched", really warm sound.
"Sometimes": not much difference, just as good as the original.
"What you want": This one is mind-blowing. Always hoped to listen to it with this quality.
"Soon": Beats the original. The kick drum and bass are highlighted. It sounds wonderful!!! 

Now I'll go for my 3rd listen of IA before I make a review.

bluecat

• Glider
    • View Profile
    • last.fm
« Reply #70 on: February 16, 2018, 08:38:20 AM »
Anyone have a flac rip of the new Isn't Anything? Found Loveless on soulseek, but no Isn't anything. :-(

BigMuff

• Geek
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 18, 2018, 11:04:15 AM »
I definitely wouldn't mind hearing this thing someday. The descriptions sound pretty damn awesome.

On another site I visit sometimes, a guy who bought the records actually had requested a note or something from Kevin in the delivery options. The customer support people actually emailed him and said they were working on getting the note and asked if he wanted the records+cd signed. Kevin signed them all and wrote stuff like "I hope you enjoy the record". They all seem like pretty cool people!

Feed The Collapse

• Ecstacy
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 18, 2018, 12:29:54 PM »
Anyone have a flac rip of the new Isn't Anything? Found Loveless on soulseek, but no Isn't anything. :-(

I found a download purporting to be a rip of the Loveless remaster, but I'm skeptical as I didn't hear any crackles or surface noise. It didn't sound especially different from the 2012 remasters either.

Feed The Collapse

• Ecstacy
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 18, 2018, 12:35:47 PM »
Sounds like some are reporting the "rejected" pressing of Isn't Anything to sound better than the official copy; less crackling.

Here Comes Everybody

• Loomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: Yesterday at 09:26:10 AM »
So the extra 'free' ones are gone now, according to the official mbv Facebook page: