Author Topic: Vinyl reissues  (Read 2139 times)

only swallow

• Glider
    • View Profile
Re: Vinyl reissues
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2016, 06:01:49 AM »
One can only dream. We'll probably know what's up soon

JulisHead

• Geek
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2016, 06:22:37 AM »
I was thinking the same just a couple of days ago. Kevin would essentially kill 2 birds with 1 stone, and there WAS confirmed studio time after all. We just don't know how much studio time (?) and how fruitful this studio time was. However if he's doing what he told pitchfork (EP followed by a new Album) then maybe? I mean we have confirmed studio time, Kevin has his own studio in Dublin and it's been 2 years.
Another thing I find worth pointing out is that Sean Magee has been awfully quiet on Twitter lately and I bet the guy got tons of questions regarding working with Kevin after all these articles linked his tweets.

Also I got curious and checked the faq with the wayback machine and is was slightly changed. This new answer however got me interested:
Q. What is the 'Promotional Code' box for?
A. This feature allows you to insert a promotional or voucher code on the checkout page. This may apply a discount to your order, or grant you access to some downloadable content.

That reminded me of something Kevin said in a pitchfork interview a while ago: "..we want to do a site where everyone who bought a record would be able to stream various other things we put up, like an old recording of when I first experimented with pitch-bending back in ‘81."
« Last Edit: September 24, 2016, 06:46:04 AM by JulisHead »

youmademerealise

• Loomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2016, 11:18:36 AM »
Somehow I must have overlooked Sean Magee's July 20th-post: https://twitter.com/iiirdsworld/status/755788314255450113

Lotus

• Glider
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2016, 04:20:19 AM »
So what are the odds Kevin is mastering new material while he's at it?

Probably nil. There's clearly no gagging order, or Sean wouldn't have posted what he has so far if there was, so we'd probably have heard more. Plus there was a comment "other remasters to follow" was there not? Also, that'd be a lot of work. Surely there'd be little point in releasing remasters and new material at the same time? I couldn't see how costs would be recouped - people only have so much to spend at once. I wouldn't go as far as to say nothing new has been recorded, there probably is some somewhere, unfinished maybe. But I doubt it's part of this tranche of work.

For me the website update is all you need to go on. Mind you, there's only about six weeks to loveless' 25th anniversary; but then no one has said there will be an anniversary release. But it'll be here soon, we know that now.

And remember how critical vinyl pressing slots are now, especially if you're picky which plant and even which machine presses them. If you lose a slot you can be put back months. Most mastering sessions these days are back-timed to pressing dates.

Feed The Collapse

• Ecstacy
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2016, 05:50:37 AM »
Probably nil. There's clearly no gagging order, or Sean wouldn't have posted what he has so far if there was, so we'd probably have heard more. Plus there was a comment "other remasters to follow" was there not? Also, that'd be a lot of work. Surely there'd be little point in releasing remasters and new material at the same time? I couldn't see how costs would be recouped - people only have so much to spend at once. I wouldn't go as far as to say nothing new has been recorded, there probably is some somewhere, unfinished maybe. But I doubt it's part of this tranche of work.

I wouldn't be surprise if there wasn't any new material, but re: gag order: I would guess that remasters are fair game while new material might be more secret. Not entirely sure about the pressing schedule, but the mastering for new material could at least conceivably be done just to have it done and ready for a later release, no?

JulisHead

• Geek
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2016, 06:46:52 AM »
but the mastering for new material could at least conceivably be done just to have it done and ready for a later release, no?

This is something I thought about. Pressing schedules are insanely busy and you wait a fairly long time to get your stuff pressed onto vinyl. Especially at Abbey Roads I would assume. I wish I knew how long these waiting times at Abbey Roads studio were so that you could compare the date when studio time was confirmed and when Sean Magee started tweeting about working with Kevin.

Lotus

• Glider
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2016, 03:48:09 PM »
I wouldn't be surprise if there wasn't any new material, but re: gag order: I would guess that remasters are fair game while new material might be more secret. Not entirely sure about the pressing schedule, but the mastering for new material could at least conceivably be done just to have it done and ready for a later release, no?

Sure. But, waiting for what? Apart from a slot that it, I mean. Re anniversary; I later thought to myself that KS and co. wouldn't be that cheesy to coincide with a date in the past. Or would they? :shocked:

Lotus

• Glider
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2016, 03:51:56 PM »
This is something I thought about. Pressing schedules are insanely busy and you wait a fairly long time to get your stuff pressed onto vinyl. Especially at Abbey Roads I would assume. I wish I knew how long these waiting times at Abbey Roads studio were so that you could compare the date when studio time was confirmed and when Sean Magee started tweeting about working with Kevin.

Not sure if they press, i.e. manufacture in bulk at Abbey Road, surely they just cut masters? And we've seen the master on the lathe/cutter have we not? I'm no expert on this however.

MouthOfTheDesert

• Loomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2016, 10:37:12 PM »
4th of November getting closer, anyone heard anything?

JulisHead

• Geek
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2016, 06:41:01 AM »
Nope, nothing. I went to a couple of places that sell records over the past few days, they have nothing in their systems either.

cristian

• Loomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2016, 06:47:33 PM »
I have money saved for these reissues. Can't wait  :azn:

youmademerealise

• Loomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2016, 12:10:58 PM »
Any bets on tomorrow? :angel:

loveably tiny demon

• Ecstacy
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2016, 01:10:59 PM »
Unlikely

... Lloyd from dumb and dumber moment: "so you're saying thes a chance...."

cristian

• Loomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2016, 04:09:46 PM »
sean magee ‏@iiirdsworld  22 h Andover, England
Good productive session with MyBloodyValentine today. Vinyl is an interesting medium and can take a bit of fine tuning. Attention to detail

:shocked:

JulisHead

• Geek
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2016, 03:23:59 AM »
At least this is basically confirming that we're also getting the EPs back on Vinyl. I just wish there was some new material among these remasters, like maybe studio outtakes or something, but that probably won't happen.