Author Topic: Vinyl reissues  (Read 2138 times)

Feed The Collapse

• Ecstacy
    • View Profile
Re: Vinyl reissues
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2016, 09:26:54 AM »
yeah all those places are reporting on the stuff we posted pics on weeks ago. No new information otherwise.

youmademerealise

• Loomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2016, 11:14:59 AM »
What interests me most is the way they will release the vinyl reissues: on their own, via one of their former labels... By the way, where can I find the Q&A Kevin did shortly after mbv's release? I would like to re-read about his plans. As far as I remember, his statements were pretty exact as long as they did not refer to the category of 'time' :evil:

JulisHead

• Geek
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2016, 06:50:18 PM »
http://pitchfork.com/features/interview/9192-kevin-shields/
I think this is what you're looking for. Kevin details his future plans when being asked "Are you considering any other releases at the moment?"

auteau

• Ecstacy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2016, 04:36:27 PM »
What interests me most is the way they will release the vinyl reissues: on their own, via one of their former labels...
I presume it'll be on Sony like the CDs.

cristian

• Loomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2016, 11:00:32 AM »
I presume it'll be on Sony like the CDs.
I think KS certainly would prefer to publish the reissues indepedently via the band's website, but Loveless and Isn't anything are licensed to Sony, so that's the most likely .

I'm really hoping for a Loveless 2LP 45rpm deluxe edition. I think "I only said" and "Soon" (last tracks from each side) suffered from some slight mistracking on the original creation vinyl.

auteau

• Ecstacy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2016, 02:10:17 AM »
I think KS certainly would prefer to publish the reissues indepedently via the band's website, but Loveless and Isn't anything are licensed to Sony, so that's the most likely .

I'm really hoping for a Loveless 2LP 45rpm deluxe edition. I think "I only said" and "Soon" (last tracks from each side) suffered from some slight mistracking on the original creation vinyl.
Even if there was a clause in their contract which allowed them to do so, I don't think Kevin is too keen to go down the self-release route neither with the forthcoming EP nor these reissues. He will, as ever, oversee all stages of their manufacture to ensure finest possible fidelity.

Lotus

• Glider
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2016, 05:28:22 AM »

^ I suppose that could work tracks 1-4, 5&6, 7-9, 10&11, in terms of the way some tracks really need to flow directly into each other.

cristian

• Loomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2016, 05:49:52 PM »
^ I suppose that could work tracks 1-4, 5&6, 7-9, 10&11, in terms of the way some tracks really need to flow directly into each other.
That's just how I imagined it.

echoplex

• Geek
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2016, 09:30:49 AM »
The process of remastering and cutting would appear to still be ongoing. Shaun Keaveny of BBC 6 Music Breakfast said this morning that he saw Kevin at Abbey Road - as far as I can tell that was yesterday, the 14th September.

JulisHead

• Geek
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2016, 10:11:17 AM »
Seems like the EPs will be included in this reissue as well then? One can only hope, as we barely know what's going on.

MouthOfTheDesert

• Loomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2016, 10:27:42 PM »
yeah i've been putting aside money thinking that we'll probably be getting hit with all the vinyl remasters at once

JulisHead

• Geek
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2016, 11:47:42 AM »
Something is happening.
I checked mybloodyvalentine.org just now and I noticed a thing or two were kinda different. I suspected whoever develops the site moved their social media links to the bottom and gave them new icons, added a shopping cart icon, and changed around the login and stuff, also adding a "Wishlist" button.
I checked the wayback machine to make sure I wasn't imagining things and those changes were not present as of August 25th (that's the last snapshot that would work for me)

Now they could just prepare to launch some merch or something but I am starting to feel pretty confident when I say they will release the vinyl reissues via their website.
I mean changing the way you buy m b v from their website now, three and a half years after it being released makes little sense to me

cristian

• Loomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2016, 02:29:11 PM »
I think there is little time for the release of the vinyl reissues, but they are doing it all very quietly. I wrote an email last week asking for any news about the reissues. The answer was: "We currently have nothing to announce, however if you would like to be the first to hear of any news, please join our mailing list from our website. Best wishes. Mbv support"
So I'd recommend joining the mailing list to don't miss any news.

Feed The Collapse

• Ecstacy
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2016, 03:48:58 AM »
So what are the odds Kevin is mastering new material while he's at it?