Author Topic: Loveless LP 1991 press  (Read 1746 times)

cristian

• Loomer
    • View Profile
Loveless LP 1991 press
« on: December 14, 2014, 05:14:31 PM »
Hi guys
What's your opinion on the different Loveless LP original 1991 pressings you own.

I have UK DMM Townhouse and German Intercord.

German vinyl  is thinner than the UK . Sound is brighter . UK sounds fuller, vocals buried down on the mix.

Does anyone own a copy of the MPO pressing?
 http://www.discogs.com/My-Bloody-Valentine-Loveless/release/5242199

What about the Italian or Australian pressings?

« Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 01:25:00 PM by cristian »

connect_icut

• Ecstacy
    • View Profile
    • Bubblegum Cage III
Loveless LP 1991 press
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2014, 09:47:16 AM »
I have UK originals of Loveless and Tremolo, each of which  I bought on the day of release. They've both been played to death, so they sound pretty crappy at this point, although the Tremolo has held up better.

Pasta of Muppets

• Ecstacy
    • View Profile
Re: Loveless LP 1991 press
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2014, 05:33:43 AM »
Thanks for the rip! Just to clarify, this rip is of the German pressing, yes?

Lotus

• Glider
    • View Profile
Re: Loveless LP 1991 press
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2016, 06:51:32 AM »
I've got three copies of Creation pressings of loveless. My original is pretty messed up because I didn't look after it properly. The other two I've bought over the years. Both pretty tidy on the surface, but both have a lot of crackles, naturally heard mainly in between the tracks and masked when the tracks are playing.

Does everyone's (who has one) copy play similar? Even if looked after immaculately?

It's such a different experience listening on this vinyl. I'm not 100% sure I think it's a better experience. quite muddy compared to the remasters and even the original CD. There are certain things I'm used to hearing, certain "anchors" in the way I listen to it, sign posts almost, inaudible on the vinyl, smudged over.

I'm dubious of how well they are standing up 25 years on.