Author Topic: What you watchin on the TV?  (Read 1636 times)

Feed The Collapse

• Ecstacy
    • View Profile
What you watchin on the TV?
« on: May 18, 2014, 03:27:06 AM »
the last episode of Hannibal.

holy shit! They did a good job of being explicit about what was going on with Mason while also hiding it just so it could make it past the S&P people.

mister_tibbs

• Ecstacy
    • View Profile
Re: What you watchin on the TV?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2014, 05:29:23 AM »
veep
louie
the walking dead (lololololol)
bogan hunters (seriously)
revenge is so much fun, I'm loving it
this show called house rules where really nice, simple, wholesome people (ie dumbfucks) fix up each others' houses. I don't get it but it's fun. satiates my need for trash television after the legendary my kitchen rules ended for the year.

but yeah, hannibal pretty comprehensively shits on the rest. the last episode was astounding, they manage to do so much with so little in everything they do. goes to show that a certain artful quality still has a place in entertaining television, or indeed in television at all, as also proven by true detective. I am however inclined to think that hannibal is better, hence my being bemused at how much it seems to go unnoticed by everyone. // mads is a sex god

mister_tibbs

• Ecstacy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2014, 05:29:57 AM »
I also cry every time I see margot's face, she just seems so innately miserable. I want to hug it out w/ her.

mister_tibbs

• Ecstacy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2014, 05:30:32 AM »
also currently watching as many as 3 episodes of svu a day.

these are dark days, my friends....

Feed The Collapse

• Ecstacy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2014, 06:08:50 AM »

but yeah, hannibal pretty comprehensively shits on the rest. the last episode was astounding, they manage to do so much with so little in everything they do. goes to show that a certain artful quality still has a place in entertaining television, or indeed in television at all, as also proven by true detective. I am however inclined to think that hannibal is better, hence my being bemused at how much it seems to go unnoticed by everyone. // mads is a sex god

not sure if Hannibal is better than True Detectives, but it's certainly up there. I'm at a bit of a loss as to why it's not doing that well; I can only guess that the last few movies (that aren't Silence of the Lambs) soured most people on the character.

Feed The Collapse

• Ecstacy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2014, 07:18:05 AM »
Silicon Valley

starts off fairly slow, but finds its feet around episode 3 or so. Not as good as King of the Hill or Office Space, but still enjoyable.

connect_icut

• Ecstacy
    • View Profile
    • Bubblegum Cage III
What you watchin on the TV?
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2014, 08:58:40 AM »
Silicon Valley is the best new TV show I've seen in ages.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feed The Collapse

• Ecstacy
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2014, 01:30:10 PM »
This most recent Tv season has been rather great. I'd still say True Detective and Rick & Morty are the best new shows of the season; the latter being totally worth a Community cancellation if it means Dan Harmon doesn't have to divide his attention.

Hugh Jazz

• Ecstacy
    • View Profile
    • Expect Delay
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2014, 01:41:37 AM »
Mad Men is one of the only current shows I've been religiously watching.  I'm less than pleased that AMC pulled a Breaking Bad and split the final season in half, but I'm ok with this being the last season.

I'm also terrifically far behind on Space Dandy.  I really enjoy what I've seen though, and it's amusing to catch the really subtle Cowboy Bebop references Watanabe has sprinkled in. (Board meetup at Boobies?)

I've also, admittedly, been pretty hooked on the latest season of Survivor.  Between having no returning players and wiping out a lot of the wrinkles that defanged the game (reasons I quit watching for a while), it's been pretty entertaining.  I'm curious to see how the finale pans out.

Feed The Collapse

• Ecstacy
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2014, 06:36:04 AM »
Penny Dreadful

very good so far, though I somewhat get the feeling that it won't entirely add up.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 06:51:44 AM by Agent of Kevin S.H.I.E.L.D.S. »

mister_tibbs

• Ecstacy
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2014, 04:36:36 AM »
the final run of episodes for hannibal was just incredible, although again from a practical perspective you have to question how significant that finale will turn out to be. regardless that's the best example of building and sustaining action in an episode of tv I've ever seen without ever feeling forced or heavy-handed.

Feed The Collapse

• Ecstacy
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2014, 05:11:09 AM »
SPOILERS

the finale was great, though I wonder who's surviving. this interview with Hugh Dancy confirms he'll be back and Lawrence Fishburne will be back pending his schedule, but I wonder who else. My guess is Alana will be gone (which isn't a big deal, though she is under utilized) as will Abigail because she's mostly expendable. I guess the idea of all of them surviving might seem a bit too far-fetched (though not anymore than usual) and cliche, especially since people are theorising that Chilton is still alive.

Feed The Collapse

• Ecstacy
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2014, 06:31:20 AM »
Bojack Horseman

... I don't know. I keep hearing how great it gets towards the end, but man is it a fucking slog for at least the first 5 episodes. I mean, the first episode was pretty bad and it does get better after that, but only incrementally. I guess I'm really skeptical that a show that has 1/3 of a great season and a dire 2/3 actually evens out to be considered a good show. A complete waste of talent.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 06:33:43 AM by Agent of Kevin S.H.I.E.L.D.S. »

mister_tibbs

• Ecstacy
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2014, 04:05:59 AM »
if I were to say that I was enjoying american dad, would I be banned from this website?

Feed The Collapse

• Ecstacy
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2014, 05:31:30 AM »
maybe

I keep hearing how much better American Dad is than Family Guy... but it's like the exact same humor, same animation, same voices, etc.

I've been watching a lot of Bob's Burgers lately since nothing else is really on.