Author Topic: eBay used CD sales still healthy after Christmas?  (Read 798 times)

TygerBC

• Loomer
    • View Profile
eBay used CD sales still healthy after Christmas?
« on: December 14, 2013, 10:38:23 AM »
Bit of a self-indulgent question, I know many of you guys like to collect vinyl and CDs and many probably sell via eBay as I do. I'm having to supplement things a little this Christmas by selling a bunch of CDs and am frantically trying to get them listed by tonight, 5 day auction as the final posting date for Christmas in the UK is Friday. But it's actually going to be a pain in the ass to get to the post office on Friday and part of me is wondering why I am worrying, when they may sell at least almost as healthily just after Christmas? On the basis that in general people don't buy used collectible CDs as presents, but many folks may get cash for Christmas, and spend it just after on a bunch of stuff from eBay. Collectors generally know what they want much better than anyone else.

Opinions?

Jason

• Loomer
    • View Profile
Re: eBay used CD sales still healthy after Christmas?
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2013, 09:15:24 PM »
Based on my own experiences I'd say you're right.  Not only that but I wonder if fewer people are buying that sort of item around christmas, since they've just gotten stuff for christmas.

The exception for me personally are things listed on amazon, because I use amazon's wishlist feature.  So as long as I can find the right product page for something, someone can get it for me.  But as far as ebay, yeah I think you're right.