Author Topic: Guitars (specifically Fender Mustang)  (Read 872 times)

Here Comes Everybody

• Loomer
    • View Profile
Guitars (specifically Fender Mustang)
« on: May 18, 2013, 03:29:16 AM »
One for the guitarists: I'm thinking of getting a Mustang- I'm left-handed, so it's difficult to just nip into a guitar shop and try one out.

This seems a good price for a good guitar:

http://www.soundsliveshop.com/p/Fender_Kurt_Cobain_Mustang_Left_Hand_Guitar_Sonic_Blue/FEN-025-1420-572?CAWELAID=1830895927&catargetid=1827198760&cagpspn=pla&gclid=CKOBodvFn7cCFUfLtAodO0cAtg

(I'm not rich, so I'll need to sell a couple of guitars to finance this, but that would leave me with a Telecaster (which I love), and this new thing- if it's recommended!)

Any thoughts or opinions much appreciated.

BoredByTheSea

• Ecstacy
    • View Profile
Re: Guitars (specifically Fender Mustang)
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2013, 03:52:41 AM »
I suggest you try a guitar before buying it. Maybe guitars with a similar neck. Mustangs and Jaguars have a shorter neck scale (24" against the 25.5" of Teles, strats and jazzmasters). You may notice differences when you play. Moreover, you have to see if your hand feels comfortable on shorter scales (I think mine wouldn't, as my hand is big and it's uncomfortable even on standard Teles).

symbiosis

• Ecstacy
    • View Profile
Re: Guitars (specifically Fender Mustang)
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2013, 09:55:29 AM »
Just saw this thread. Did you end up getting it?

I haven't played that one in particular. I really liked the vintage one I played a while back. Very jangly. I don't know how I feel about the humbucker in the bridge. It may be cool.

Why do you want a Mustang in particular?
...duh