Author Topic: Spring 2013. Where's our EP? Where's our dodle1?!  (Read 28521 times)

bluecat

• Glider
    • View Profile
    • last.fm
Re: Spring 2013. Where's our EP? Where's our dodle1?!
« Reply #240 on: July 23, 2016, 07:22:30 AM »
It's been more than three years, and here we are, another remaster of Loveless.  :cry:

Feed The Collapse

• Ecstacy
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: July 23, 2016, 12:41:44 PM »
It's been more than three years, and here we are, another remaster of Loveless.  :cry:

but it's on vinyl this time! Loveless like Kevin intended: filled with pops and clicks.

JulisHead

• Geek
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: July 23, 2016, 12:51:19 PM »

but it's on vinyl this time! Loveless like Kevin intended: filled with pops and clicks.

Look at it however you want but with that out of the way we're at least a tiny step closer to Kevin starting/completing that EP he talked about a while ago (I hope)

Feed The Collapse

• Ecstacy
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: July 23, 2016, 04:29:01 PM »
yeah definitely. It's just sort of depressing that this will garner more excitement than new material.

Here Comes Everybody

• Loomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: July 26, 2016, 02:43:20 AM »
Yeah- agreed- it'll be nice to get a shiny new vinyl copy of Loveless, but to spend YEARS remastering something like that is pretty frustrating.

I know we're not entitled to new music, and mbv was more than I ever thought I'd hear again, but still...

Anyway, my prediction is that the Loveless remaster will be out, plus the ep, by the end of the year  :cheesy:

JulisHead

• Geek
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: July 26, 2016, 10:50:20 AM »
Anyway, my prediction is that the Loveless remaster will be out, plus the ep, by the end of the year  :cheesy:

I admire your optimism.
I can see the Loveless reissue coming out by the end of this year but I feel like asking for a vinyl reissue AND new studio material is a little too much, all "lol kevin shields is SO lazy lolxD" jokes aside.
Again, your optimism is admired :wink:

MouthOfTheDesert

• Loomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: July 31, 2016, 02:33:45 AM »
so.... was the plan to have both Loveless and Isn't Anything remastered for vinyl? I know the tidbits of info suggest that this is just Loveless, but I assume that would be in the pipeline also?

Perish the thought, all of us waiting patiently for new material...  :cheesy:

I have never been able to tell, but always assumed, that the reason Isn't Anything sounds the way it does is because it was recorded that way, not because of any major issues with mixing or mastering necessarily.

JulisHead

• Geek
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: July 31, 2016, 07:29:27 AM »
Nah, there's more than just Loveless.

Also Sean posted this yesterday. I ASSUME this is Isn't Anything but I have no evidence to prove that.

I really hope we're also getting the EPs cut to vinyl again, that's what I was most looking forward to.