Author Topic: Spring 2013. Where's our EP? Where's our dodle1?!  (Read 28522 times)

TrickleDown

• Glider
    • View Profile
Spring 2013. Where's our EP? Where's our dodle1?!
« on: May 15, 2013, 03:18:48 PM »
Hey fellas. The title was written in jest, :cool: though I wouldn't say no to an EP. Or a dodle1 check in.

How's m b v holding up for you three months on? I put it away for about a month as to not burn out on it. Today I decided to haul it out. Still wonderful. Somehow the sun and warmth of the season adds to the records appeal. It always felt like a summer album, even during the coldest days!

Any revelations? I'm surprised by how refreshing I find 'she found now'. In fact, it almost feels like a highlight.  :huh:

connect_icut

• Ecstacy
    • View Profile
    • Bubblegum Cage III
Re: Spring 2013. Where's our EP? Where's our dodle1?!
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2013, 04:25:43 PM »
Ha, I also listened to the album today, for the first time in ages. "She Found Now" is still my least favourite track but I've come to terms with it and I like a little more with every listen.

Feed The Collapse

• Ecstacy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2013, 06:34:21 PM »
I would love an interview of some kind.

connect_icut

• Ecstacy
    • View Profile
    • Bubblegum Cage III
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2013, 08:22:10 PM »
Yeah, it's amazing how little press they did around the album. Basically none!

ToHereKnowsWho

• Ecstacy
  • Swoonstruck
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2013, 01:09:34 AM »
There's a group of us in my life who are still worshipping who sees you...

I want an EP now

dodle1

• Touched
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2013, 10:30:20 AM »
Dodle is here!  :cheesy: last I heard; who sees you will be added to mbv s live repertoire!
« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 10:32:21 AM by dodle1 »

loveably tiny demon

• Ecstacy
    • View Profile
Spring 2013. Where's our EP? Where's our dodle1?!
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2013, 11:34:44 AM »
Sssssssshhhhhhheeeeeeeeeaaaaaattttttt!!!!!!

Steinbeck // Kubrick // Shields
-------------------------------------

connect_icut

• Ecstacy
    • View Profile
    • Bubblegum Cage III
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2013, 01:57:24 PM »
Dodle is here!  :cheesy: last I heard; who sees you will be added to mbv s live repertoire!

That's cool. Wish it was "in another way", though.

Lotus

• Glider
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2013, 04:10:29 AM »

This is wonderful news. Can't say I'd be surprised, it will clearly fit in naturally with the set, classic Kev/Bilinda dual vocals, it will look AND sound perfect I know. Wonder what visuals will be conjured up to go with it?

No other new "old" tracks? Apart from the new tracks the set basically hasn't changed since the 2009 tour. As fabulous as it is (if you study it it's such a well honed selection and works you through every emotion in perfect sequence, it's like the ultimate journey, very clever) I'd still like to be surprised by something else, what you want, emptiness inside, sugar and don't ask why would be my personal choices. Or even one of the lost Creation tracks.

only swallow

• Glider
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2013, 06:18:05 AM »
I've been listening to the album once a week since release. Sometimes more. is this and yes and especially if i am has gotten better and better. Still, there's much more potential. I really think a track like nothing is could have been better. Great news about who sees you! That song is now my third favorite mbv song, it just surpassed i only said. Still fantasizing about that ep. It makes me annoyed knowing Kevin has more tracks up his sleeve and not knowing where they are now musically if they release new material.

Here Comes Everybody

• Loomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2013, 11:49:48 AM »
Dodle! No word on a gig to replace Hop Farm, I don't suppose? SO sad to miss that one- I think it may have been a great day out :( was also hoping for a mini meet-up with people from this board.

Anyway- just for balance, I've said it before and I stand by it: she found now is my favourite song in the new album. Some of that might come from hearing it for the first time, relaxing into it and feeling I was in safe hands- a mixture of joy at hearing them again, something new, and sheer visceral relief that the new album is, at the very least, *not shit*. But yes- love it.

TrickleDown

• Glider
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2013, 04:19:43 PM »
Thanks for the update, dodle! who sees you should be fantastic live.

I was just listening to Loveless. There is a sense of poignancy or longing missing from m b v. There's no 'to here knows when' or 'blown a wish' or 'when you sleep'.

Pasta of Muppets

• Ecstacy
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2013, 09:11:43 PM »
What about If I Am? Longing as fuck, especially at the end.

TrickleDown

• Glider
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2013, 09:51:48 PM »

Interesting. I can't disagree because we all process music differently, but I don't get the same vibe from if i am as I do the aforementioned songs.

Man, I'm so interested in what Kevin's 'new' music sounds like. That's a bit mad given we just got m b v (and after twenty odd years), but he's said himself he never stopped writing... so there have to be so many more songs.

mminczes

« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2013, 08:24:02 AM »

I agree. Song breaks my heart every time I listen to it