Author Topic: Is it just not possible to get Loveless on vinyl without paying crazy money...  (Read 9729 times)

Here Comes Everybody

• Loomer
    • View Profile
...these days? :(

Mine is played out (victim of too many parties- always the way) and I can't find anything for less than £80, never mind £50.

Any ideas? Or is that just the way it's gone?

loveably tiny demon

• Ecstacy
    • View Profile
Discogs?

Steinbeck // Kubrick // Shields
-------------------------------------

Here Comes Everybody

• Loomer
    • View Profile
Discogs?

Hi- thanks for this- i didn't know this site: however, as usual, they're coming in at about £100, except for this thing:

http://www.discogs.com/buy/Vinyl/My-Bloody-Valentine-Loveless/97252089?ev=bp_titl

What is it? 'Unofficial' release? Anyone got any experience of such a thing? :rolleyes:

loveably tiny demon

• Ecstacy
    • View Profile
Don't think it can be official as creation from 2013 - so possibly a good bootleg?

connect_icut

• Ecstacy
    • View Profile
    • Bubblegum Cage III

Huh... A German vinyl bootleg of Loveless from this year? That's a new one on me. But there are so many weird MBV vinyl bootlegs (we might even have a thread called that) it's hard to keep up. Remember that Glider one, which was actually an LP with Tremolo on the B-side? Never saw it in real life.

Here Comes Everybody

• Loomer
    • View Profile
Huh... A German vinyl bootleg of Loveless from this year? That's a new one on me. But there are so many weird MBV vinyl bootlegs (we might even have a thread called that) it's hard to keep up. Remember that Glider one, which was actually an LP with Tremolo on the B-side? Never saw it in real life.
So nobody knows if this is any good or not? I'm not going to pay £100 for Loveless, so I might give this one a go after I try to do a bit of research on it.

Unless there are any other ideas? I've been rediscovering Isn't Anything, and fancy aLoveless  splurge before Hop Farm   :smiley:

Feed The Collapse

• Ecstacy
    • View Profile
I'm under the impression that most non-Creation pressings are just digital transfers to vinyl. seems kind of silly to me...

connect_icut

• Ecstacy
    • View Profile
    • Bubblegum Cage III
I'm under the impression that most non-Creation pressings are just digital transfers to vinyl. seems kind of silly to me...

I think most vinyl is cut from digital masters, TBH. I've self-released two albums and they were both cut from CDs (which is what the pressing plant requested, although I think they do cut from analogue tape too).

Hugh Jazz

• Ecstacy
    • View Profile
    • Expect Delay
Remember that Glider one, which was actually an LP with Tremolo on the B-side? Never saw it in real life.

I own this actually.  Found it at Waterloo in Austin.  It sounds amazing.

Lotus

• Glider
    • View Profile
Apropos nothing, when I first bought loveless (on CD, c late 1993, as already discussed) I went back a fortnight later and bought isn't anything (equally shaking me to my core upon first listen) and about a fortnight after that I popped back into Virgin Megastore TCR and saw that they had about six sealed, brand new copies of loveless on vinyl. Now, I'm not really a vinyl junkie and there has to be a reason why I would buy something on vinyl, such as it's only available on vinyl, the cover art is beautiful, there's a different version of a track on vinyl only etc. In this instance it was because I loved the album (the music) so much I just was compelled to buy a copy on vinyl. (You can see that the impact loveless and mbv had on me was very rapid.) It's strange though, as I sensed at that time that it would be prudent to buy more than one copy. I just knew even back then that this music was just so extraordinary, so beautiful, that even though it was very much leftfield at that time, its popularity could only but grow (I somehow feel very much vindicated in 2013!), and if it did those vinyl copies would appreciate in value. Sadly I didn't follow my instincts and buy the lot!

Whilst on this subject, how many copies of loveless do you all own? I have 2 x Creation CD (one never played, my original emergency copy), CD Remaster (so that's another 2), CD remaster 2012 promo copy (2 more), Creation minidisc, Creation cassette and that one vinyl copy. So that's nine in total I think. I'd happily buy another Creation mint vinyl copy and I hope to get a remaster double gate-fold vinyl copy one day!

loveably tiny demon

• Ecstacy
    • View Profile
I've got an original isn't anything vinyl for sale ...

Martin

• Touched
    • View Profile
I've got an original isn't anything vinyl for sale ...

Sold. Although actually someone else was asking about it a while ago, hang on I'll try and find the thread.

loveably tiny demon

• Ecstacy
    • View Profile
Hmmmm - what did I offer this to someone else? I've put it up here a few times but didn't think anyone replied.

Martin

• Touched
    • View Profile
Guy at the end of this thread expressing interest. http://www.tohereknowswhen.org/smf/index.php?topic=1846.

Martin

• Touched
    • View Profile
I will totally take it if they're not interested though.