Author Topic: The Last Film You Saw Thread  (Read 246032 times)

chrisjedijane

• Ecstacy
    • View Profile
Re: The Last Film You Saw Thread
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2006, 10:40:40 AM »
This week I saw Clerks 2, Evil Dead and Little Miss Sunshine.

As i said elsewhere, I really like clerks 2, it's about as good as anything smith has done since the original clerks.

evil dead made me laugh a lot

little miss sunshine was hilarious also. but in an intentional way, unlike evi dead...
"I want to be ear-raped (in a good way) by You Made Me Realize in a field in Laois"

d_r_e

• Ecstacy
  • Crush
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2006, 01:25:04 PM »
last night I watched "Mystery Train" by Jim Jarmusch, damn I love that flick ....
audiowhore

DarkSloth

• Ecstacy
  • Died in technicolor
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2006, 01:33:08 PM »
Last night with my roommate i watched Vampyros Lesbos. Its not a naughty film, so don't go on getting crazy with your imaginations. Though it did have its fair share of nudity... Overall i didn't know what was going on half the time. But i do know it had lots of zooming in to eyes. It was alright.  :)

nausi

« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2006, 01:35:51 PM »
keanu reeves pisses me off...

"woah,... i know kung fu..."

red_atm

• Glider
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2006, 04:01:43 PM »
The last movie I saw in the theater was Jet Li's Fearless.  Did a review on it.  It was pretty good, but totally not an action flick.  I'm going to go see The Departed on Friday.

The last movie I watched period was The Giant Gila Monster.  Anyone who knows me knows I love horrible old movies from the sixties.  I thought it was great.

d_r_e

• Ecstacy
  • Crush
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2006, 08:05:37 PM »
I loved "Fearless", and I think it's a great outro film for Jet Li. Sure we'll see him in more films (maybe), but no more Wushai films. Truly the man has said it all, I can see why he's gracefully leaving that genre. I for one, am going to miss seeing his wushai skills in more films ... at least the guy can act tho, he really does a great job. That's more than I can say for Tony Jaa, that kid's got some alright moves, but every movie he's in has horrible acting, cheesy replays, and ugh ... the kung-fu/acrobat skills are the only thing that make his films worthwhile.
audiowhore

Hugh Jazz

• Ecstacy
    • View Profile
    • Expect Delay
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2006, 09:30:54 PM »
keanu reeves pisses me off...

"woah,... i know kung fu..."

"And now for the ancient greek philospher So-Crates!  He likes baseball!"

DarkSloth

• Ecstacy
  • Died in technicolor
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2006, 02:25:10 AM »
My roommate bought the DVD for Eraserhead. It definately was a movie that likes to be interpreted. I like surreal imagery.. And this movie had tons of it. The whole movie basically makes no sense. You have to interpret it to mean anything.

Its roughly about this couple that have a baby. This baby comes out prematurely and is terribly deformed. Looks like a fetus/dinosaur. The couple move in together. The baby constantly cries and it drives the wife away. So the guy is left trying to take care of the baby. There seems to be a lot of sexual frustration for him throughout the movie. A few crazy dreams happen. There is a really cool woman inside a radiator singing "in heaven everything is fine." I guess i won't ruin the ending. But the whole thing is weird, that you don't feel like you've watched the whole thing once its finishes anyways.
its a fun movie to watch. Don't watch it when you're tired though. It doesn't have much dialogue. Its usually silent with terribly anxiety-giving sounds.

d_r_e

• Ecstacy
  • Crush
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2006, 07:52:06 AM »
Eraserhead is a classic! I'm a huuuuge David Lynch fan.

Also, The Pixies made a song out of "in heaven everything is fine."
audiowhore

White Trash Hero

• Ecstacy
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2006, 11:02:14 AM »
Eraserhead has one of the coolest soundtracks too. Try to get your hands on that one. :)

And yes, the movie is great. I haven't seen any David Lynch movie that was worse than really good.

Today I watched "Day After Tomorrow". It is my sisters movie (yeah, right, you think now) and I wanted to see it because so many people dies in unusual ways.

Tomorrow I will try to see the whole "Guinea Pig" box that I have. Probably the most gory films that are out there. Most people I know that has seen the movie which I introduce the box with, has said that you divide your life in two parts. One before and one after you've seen "Flower of Flesh and Blood". Really great movies, thanks to that they really disgust you.

d_r_e

• Ecstacy
  • Crush
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2006, 07:53:41 PM »
"Lost Highway" is my least favorite Lynch film, BUT ... since I learned that it is about a succubus, I feel the need to watch it again.
audiowhore

White Trash Hero

• Ecstacy
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2006, 04:00:18 AM »
Yeah, I agree. Heard the same thing as you heard a couple of weeks ago, but I haven't seen the movie with my new eyes yet. I'ill probably do it with my dad, since it's so funny to tell him the plot of David Lynch movies. It took him three views of "Mulholland Drive" to get it, and the third time I explained the key scenes for him.

Although I've heard that there's much in "Mullholland Drive" that doesn't make sense, and that David Lynch has said that some scenes doesn't have a meaning.

But after all, it was intendet to be a TV-series.

Same thing with "Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me". He had like eight hours of material to cut down to one hour and thirty minutes, so I've heard that it doesn't make sense in many scenes either. But I'll not be buying that one until the second season of Twin Peaks is released on DVD, which process has being about the same as with the reissue of the MBV-EPs.

d_r_e

• Ecstacy
  • Crush
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2006, 11:49:45 AM »
I can't wait for the second season of Twin Peaks to be released!!!!!! There's still a petition up online for them to release those 8+ hours cut from F.W.W.M. I love Twin Peaks soooo much, my favorite thing to do in the fall is wake up in the morning with some coffee, donuts, and Twin Peaks.
audiowhore

White Trash Hero

• Ecstacy
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2006, 12:50:12 AM »
Yeah, when I first started seeing Twin Peaks, I was up a whole night watchin the first season, which I bought on DVD, with a close friend. We loved it.

It's a shame that they haven't released the second season yet, but I've seen parts of it. Think it's only the three ending episodes that I haven't seen.

Fun part is that we got the tapes with the second season by a priest. That changed my whole views on priests.

Anyway, I've heard that the reason to why they don't release the second season is because the first season haven't sold that good. It's a shame.

joeyramoney

« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2006, 09:42:58 PM »
borat.