Author Topic: NEW SONG LEAKED!  (Read 16998 times)

OffMyFace

• Geek
    • View Profile
Re: NEW SONG LEAKED!
« Reply #45 on: February 26, 2010, 12:47:14 PM »
Cowboy Song (alt Mix):

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/IYS7Prha23U&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/IYS7Prha23U&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;</a>

I encourage you all to make your own fake MBV songs.
That song is great, always reminds me of Mars Attacks!. :D

As I remember, there's this crazy panning acoustic guitar all the way through "Loomer". It's pretty low in the mix and high in the frequency range, though.
Come In Alone has nice panning in it too, but it still has a that massive guitar sound in the centre.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2010, 12:50:02 PM by OffMyFace »

first_man

• Ecstacy
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 26, 2010, 01:59:59 PM »
This song is creamed cat shit. Come on people. Do you honestly think if we ever DID get a new MBV song, it would sound this fucking bad? This is what I would expect a goateed Guitar Center employee to play if forced to try out new rack effects they were unfamiliar with, and somehow demonstrate it to a potential customer whose sole knowledge of "alternative rock" consisted of Collective Soul and Third Eye Blind. "JUST LISTEN TO THAT SWIRLY EFFECT MAAAAN, JUST THINK OF ALL THE KICK ASS SHIT YOU CAN DO WHILE IT'S JUST SWIRLING AROUND LIKE THAT, MAAAN!! (brushes back ponytail)".

And if this really is MBV, and Kevin is reading this post, then take that shit back to the lab. Personally, I am way over never hearing another peep out of you, but I sure as shit didnt wait 20 years for third-rate pseudo-4AD mumbling generic "shoegazey" bullshit like that. I thought you spent some time obsessed with techno & drum & bass - how does that explain the Casiotone drumbeats and Fender Squire Made-In-Mexico guitar sound? The fuck.

Well, it's not a total loss. I'm going to take the first 20 seconds of drums and remix it as the next Fat Boys or Run-DMC megamix.

debaser

• Geek
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 26, 2010, 03:40:52 PM »
hahahhahahahahahah

loveably tiny demon

• Ecstacy
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 26, 2010, 04:19:13 PM »
This song is creamed cat shit. Come on people. Do you honestly think if we ever DID get a new MBV song, it would sound this fucking bad? This is what I would expect a goateed Guitar Center employee to play if forced to try out new rack effects they were unfamiliar with, and somehow demonstrate it to a potential customer whose sole knowledge of "alternative rock" consisted of Collective Soul and Third Eye Blind. "JUST LISTEN TO THAT SWIRLY EFFECT MAAAAN, JUST THINK OF ALL THE KICK ASS SHIT YOU CAN DO WHILE IT'S JUST SWIRLING AROUND LIKE THAT, MAAAN!! (brushes back ponytail)".

And if this really is MBV, and Kevin is reading this post, then take that shit back to the lab. Personally, I am way over never hearing another peep out of you, but I sure as shit didnt wait 20 years for third-rate pseudo-4AD mumbling generic "shoegazey" bullshit like that. I thought you spent some time obsessed with techno & drum & bass - how does that explain the Casiotone drumbeats and Fender Squire Made-In-Mexico guitar sound? The fuck.

Well, it's not a total loss. I'm going to take the first 20 seconds of drums and remix it as the next Fat Boys or Run-DMC megamix.

what

if

k
e
v
i
n

is

y
o
u

?

alexw

• Geek
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 26, 2010, 05:15:06 PM »

Oh neat post.

I actually enjoyed the song quite a bit, and at first hearing thought it could have been MBV, wouldn't have thought the song needed tearing apart in that fashion.

shiny robe

• Loomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 27, 2010, 01:19:21 PM »
I agree that the "loud/metal" part really kills the mood of the song, and doesn't sound like the Dino Jr type/"Soon" distortion Kevin likes to use, but other than that it's a pretty beautiful song. The 1-4 progression in standard tuning doesn't really sound like Kevin either, but who knows. I agree with THKW that the name makes you think it's just some fan with the right equipment. But either way it's a nice piece aside from that one part.

ToHereKnowsWho

• Ecstacy
  • Swoonstruck
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 25, 2014, 07:30:08 AM »
The creator of the fake MBV song 'Pastiche Tape' finally comes clean

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cx4SG9hKRkw

"I made this for my university degree back in 2009. It was a pastiche assignment. Yes it was run through tape (hence the original file name "pastiche tape" which I quickly changed) but it was originally tracked in Logic Pro. I'm fucking good at mixing. The video got flagged from my channel just before 'MBV' was released as I was trying to pass it off as original (many of you chumps bought the bait). If anyone is interested I might make a quick video of how the session was put together. Also, what's all this shit about the elusive anonymous Japanese dude? I'm from West Yorkshire, England. Robin´╗┐"

loveably tiny demon

• Ecstacy
    • View Profile
NEW SONG LEAKED!
« Reply #52 on: September 25, 2014, 08:19:51 AM »
Good lad - white rose

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feed The Collapse

• Ecstacy
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 26, 2014, 01:57:08 AM »
I got all excited when I saw the thread title...

his comment is good enough for me. I'm a bit surprised at how it's still passed off as mbv when it's pretty obvious that it's, well, a pastiche.

ToHereKnowsWho

• Ecstacy
  • Swoonstruck
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 26, 2014, 02:21:45 AM »
Sorry to have excited you! I searched for 'Pastiche Tape' and that was the last thread it was discussed in....

I'm pretty convinced he's telling the truth although he sounds a little bit over-confident.

I was never in doubt that this wasn't MBV - there are many parts in the track that just aren't what Kevin Shields would allow.

Fun, though.

Focks

• Touched
  • isn't anything
    • View Profile
    • Retro Candy Mecca
« Reply #55 on: October 20, 2014, 04:01:54 AM »
As I remember, there's this crazy panning acoustic guitar all the way through "Loomer". It's pretty low in the mix and high in the frequency range, though.

I always thought that was pick scrape bleed from one of the guitar tracks...