Author Topic: NEW SONG LEAKED!  (Read 16999 times)

connect_icut

• Ecstacy
    • View Profile
    • Bubblegum Cage III
Re: NEW SONG LEAKED!
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2010, 09:53:51 AM »

Thank you! Downloading now.

So, the general consensus seems to be that this is a fake, like "Explosive", right?

Couple of things I would mention:

Programmed drums - I think Kevin and Colm did a lot of stuff with sampled drum loops after Loveless but it was all abandoned. However, judging by "Kevin Song" I'd say Kevin wouldn't be against using some simple drum programming in a demo. Also, Colm is capable of some pretty machine-like playing.

Panning: Ever listened to "Loomer" on headphones?

Feed The Collapse

• Ecstacy
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2010, 09:58:20 AM »
I have listened to Loomer with headphones. I don't recall any panning. I recall some slight panning in Glider, but nothing on Loop-levels of panning like in this track.

connect_icut

• Ecstacy
    • View Profile
    • Bubblegum Cage III
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2010, 10:03:49 AM »
As I remember, there's this crazy panning acoustic guitar all the way through "Loomer". It's pretty low in the mix and high in the frequency range, though.

Listening to "Pastiche Tape" now. I'm generally someone who desperately wants to believe these things are real but I don't buy this one. Everything's too bouncy, especially the drums and vocals. It all seems a bit gauche and heavy handed. There's some guitar plucking that seems totally wrong.

If it's a fake, it's okay. Nice tune. If it's real, it's nowhere near the standard of "Kevin Song" and "Bilinda Song".

tim

• Touched
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2010, 10:49:44 AM »
Structurally it reminds me A LOT of Soon. The way the guitar keeps breaking and then the weird sampled sound comes in and then it bursts back in with a distorted guitar track. A pastiche to sSon.

It's quite open sounding in the sense that you can hear everything coming in and out as opposed to Loveless being dense and together sounding, like one entity.

Bare in mind though that the new material is coming from somebody who hasn't released anything in nearly 20 years. Things have changed.

Having said that, its called Pastiche tape and sounds very self referential. As another person said "too MBV to be MBV".

Where did whoever put this up find it/make it?

OffMyFace

• Geek
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2010, 10:52:42 AM »
any sources for this? Sounds pretty good, though I doubt it's legitimacy. Unless Kevin's changed his stance, I seem to recall he dislikes, or actively avoided, speaker-panning.

if it is fake, I'm still interested in more though.

the song is also labeled as Pastiche Tape.
My thoughts exactly, the idea behind Loveless was the guitars smack bang in the middle, whereas the guitar is panned in this song.

Also, it doesn't quite sound like Bilinda.

Good song none the less, but unless they've changed their sound slightly for new stuff I doubt it's them.

tim

• Touched
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2010, 12:33:23 PM »
So where did you get it spacemangraig?

connect_icut

• Ecstacy
    • View Profile
    • Bubblegum Cage III
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2010, 12:35:16 PM »
I've had a proper listen to this on big speakers and I must say that very little of it sounds authentic to me. The drums are too reverby, the guitars are too strummy-picky and not glide-y enough, the vocals are too hyperactive. It seems a lot closer to the mark than "Explosive" but I find it hard to believe that this could actually be MBV. It's not a bad listen, though.

InSpirit

« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2010, 01:11:53 PM »
 when I hear the main melody I feel like I'm playing super mario

tim

• Touched
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2010, 01:19:43 PM »
it doesnt sound like an MBV mix. Then again he hasn't released anything in nearly 20 years so things can change. Not including lost in translation here.

Hugh Jazz

• Ecstacy
    • View Profile
    • Expect Delay
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2010, 01:33:23 PM »
Sauce on this leak?

When I first saw the title of this thread, I had to check it wasn't April 1st, and that Shawn hadn't started this thread.

I lawled.

evoluzione

• Loomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2010, 02:45:18 PM »
This isn't My Bloody Valentine.

I cannot believe anyone on here thinks that it could be.

ToHereKnowsWho

• Ecstacy
  • Swoonstruck
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2010, 03:06:36 PM »
Wow, had to wait over 6 hours to hear this track after getting Ghost World's text message about it...was stuck at work.

DEFINITELY NOT MBV - I could instantly tell that.

Nice track though, sweet. Good guitars! Who the fuck is it???

Something about it makes me think it's Japanese, and the vocalist is male, not female I reckon. Maybe Cosmicdust?? The voice sounds familiar...

If this was new MBV material I'd be disappointed to say the least. It's just not good enough in either sound or melody. It's really crude compared to genuine MBV. Kevin would piss himself if he heard this - it's even more blatant than Fleeting Joys!

And come on - the file is called 'Pastiche Tape' - whoever created it is giving the game away with that, eh?

And finally, those programmed drums arepretty rubbish, no? Kevin would not allow those.

Bit of fun though!

Cheers.

Ghost World

• Ecstacy
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2010, 03:27:43 PM »
DEFINITELY NOT MBV - I could instantly tell that.

Nice track though, sweet. Good guitars! Who the fuck is it???

My first thoughts too.

debaser

• Geek
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2010, 04:17:13 PM »
What if this actually is MBV, and kevin reads this thread and gets discouraged from making music forever?

Ghost World

• Ecstacy
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2010, 04:20:12 PM »
What if this actually is MBV, and kevin reads this thread and gets discouraged from making music forever?

Well, we'll never know because his account's been deleted.  ;D