Author Topic: Last gig you went to/how was it?  (Read 44069 times)

mister_tibbs

• Ecstacy
    • View Profile
Re: Last gig you went to/how was it?
« Reply #375 on: April 05, 2015, 08:27:28 PM »
okay in the last coupla months the standouts were....

- htrk a bunch of times, cycling the old guitar-based material into their set to brilliant results
- sugar mountain festival with body/head (!!!), ariel pink's haunted graffiti, swans, nas etc.
- the big mofo, unsound adelaide, first night -- lawrence english, gazelle twin, container, FUSHITSUSHAAAA -- second night -- atom tm & robin fox, forest swords, shackleton, the bug -- third night -- htrk, king midas sound, dopplereffekt, mika vainio. literally the best three days of my fucking life.
- festival this w/e with donato dozzy, neel, terrekke, sex tags gang among others.

mister_tibbs

• Ecstacy
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: August 21, 2015, 11:22:26 PM »
ASH RA TEMPEL feat. manuel gottsching, ariel pink, shags chamberlain and oren ambarchi  :afro: :exclaim: :huh:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/mIQwbltIKCs" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/mIQwbltIKCs</a>

also performing at the same festival were lydia lunch, grouper & paul clipson, htrk, oren ambarchi & joe talia, ariel pink performing old/improvised material with chamberlain, gottsching solo and john cale + lisa gerrard & laurel halo.

auteau

• Ecstacy
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: October 06, 2015, 02:26:44 AM »
Lou Barlow - Hoxton Bar & Kitchen.
Great hair. Tied with Helena Espvall for coolest haircut in indie rock.

Lotus

• Glider
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: October 06, 2015, 07:46:22 AM »
okay in the last coupla months the standouts were....

- htrk a bunch of times, cycling the old guitar-based material into their set to brilliant results
- sugar mountain festival with body/head (!!!), ariel pink's haunted graffiti, swans, nas etc.
- the big mofo, unsound adelaide, first night -- lawrence english, gazelle twin, container, FUSHITSUSHAAAA -- second night -- atom tm & robin fox, forest swords, shackleton, the bug -- third night -- htrk, king midas sound, dopplereffekt, mika vainio. literally the best three days of my fucking life.
- festival this w/e with donato dozzy, neel, terrekke, sex tags gang among others.

Just catching up here - Great review! Sounds like you have a blinder at Unsound. Love HTRK and love Donato Dozzy too, he's playing London's Corsica Studios soon. All good stuff there!

Lotus

• Glider
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: October 06, 2015, 08:49:54 AM »
Was anyone else at the Liverpool Psych Fest? It was brilliant.

Hey Colossus were insane, rarely has the phrase "tearing the place to shreds" been more apt - 8pm on Saturday evening in the new "District" stage/room changed people's lives. Radar Men From the Moon were brilliant earlier on and you should all make a point of seeing them. The Heads were astronomical; I don't think I've ever heard such clarity in playing and such continual layering of rhythmic sounding noise from a band possibly ever. Also on the Saturday Lumerians and to end K-X-P were superb.

On Friday highlights were the amazing Karen Gwyer, after midnight took us on an amazing electronic exploration of deep and slow techno tones, got totally lost in it. I've seen Karen a lot and talk about her a lot, this was up there with the best I've seen and was perfect. The Octopus Project from Texas with Theremin and four members switching roles in a leave-your-attitude-at-the-door sort of show, wonderfully uplifting, Vuelvetoloca were a great start and Giant Swan, two young lads throwing down scrunchy fun electronic noises and some guitar were also brill (seem them before too).

It's a superb festival and we have a great and very heavy time of it!

moonside

• Loomer
  • When You Sleep
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: October 07, 2015, 07:48:55 PM »
saw autechre twice, once in chicago and again in boston. really worth seeing them if you're into their music.

connect_icut

• Ecstacy
    • View Profile
    • Bubblegum Cage III
« Reply #381 on: October 15, 2015, 08:09:03 PM »
saw autechre twice, once in chicago and again in boston. really worth seeing them if you're into their music.

Agreed. "Saw" them in Vancouver and it was probably in the top 10 best gigs I've ever "seen".

loveably tiny demon

• Ecstacy
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: November 01, 2015, 02:12:02 PM »
Beach house in London.

Dunno ... My love for beach house has allowed me to watch them countless times without being bored. I love the new records.

This show was bit of a nothing, not sure if it was due to it being quiet. Underwhelmed, and I'm sad to say it.

Ghost World

• Ecstacy
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: November 09, 2015, 04:27:17 AM »
Quite a few since I last posted. Kate Bush, King Crimson and David Gilmour were all excellent. I did feel a bit "WHAT YEAR IS THIS!?" from Jumanji.

Also, hello again everyone! *waves*

Feed The Collapse

• Ecstacy
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: November 09, 2015, 06:13:41 AM »
hello again!

was that newer King Crimson with the 3 piece drum lineup?

Pasta of Muppets

• Ecstacy
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: November 11, 2015, 08:54:11 PM »
Saw The Brian Jonestown Massacre. They played for a long time and it was a good show.

mister_tibbs

• Ecstacy
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: February 12, 2016, 07:47:39 PM »
hiya gang, off the top of my head I've relatively recently caught...keiji haino, julia holter, masayoshi urabe, visionist, eli keszler, mats gustaffsson, oren ambarchi, keith fullerton whitman, and will be seeing dan melchior, sunn and rp boo over the next couple of weeks.

auteau

• Ecstacy
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: November 26, 2016, 05:44:48 PM »
Autechre last night, in London, in a dark room. Impressive set, sounded so expansive. Hugely enjoyable.