Author Topic: Last gig you went to/how was it?  (Read 44084 times)

UltraSonica

• Geek
    • View Profile
Re: Last gig you went to/how was it?
« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2009, 07:41:45 PM »
Raveonettes @ Metro in chicago last Sunday 10/25

First time I get to see them. Live show SO much better than their records. Harder and fuzzier without losing the melodies & harmonies amidst the sonic assault. At times with the wall of noise freakouts and crazy strobe lights they reminded me of MBV.

Violent Soho and Black Angels opening. I had high expectations for the Black Angels but they were a bit of a letdown...sounded very muddled and played a very short set (~30 min) They did have some sound problems, kept making frustrated gestures to the technicians...

White Trash Hero

• Ecstacy
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 01, 2009, 03:01:55 PM »
Sunn O))) in Cracow this 25th day too. It was way loud and I had to use earplugs (but I must add that gf forced me, she doesn't want me to listen even less to her) and it was still very loud. Now the thing with theaters in old stalinistic industrial areas are that they've got wooden floor. So you can use earplugs and whatever, chances are still high you feel quite physically weird afterwards due to 90 mins of vibrations.

I also bought the Monoliths 2LP. And Attila did put on his Christmas Tree suit halfway through the gig. Did I mention Attila Csihar was there? Made it all worth it.

Ghost World

• Ecstacy
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 01, 2009, 03:26:25 PM »
Sunn O))) in Cracow this 25th day too. It was way loud and I had to use earplugs (but I must add that gf forced me, she doesn't want me to listen even less to her) and it was still very loud. Now the thing with theaters in old stalinistic industrial areas are that they've got wooden floor. So you can use earplugs and whatever, chances are still high you feel quite physically weird afterwards due to 90 mins of vibrations.

I also bought the Monoliths 2LP. And Attila did put on his Christmas Tree suit halfway through the gig. Did I mention Attila Csihar was there? Made it all worth it.

If this was Facebook, I would "like" this.

Feed The Collapse

• Ecstacy
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 01, 2009, 04:42:06 PM »
Sunn O))) seems like they would be interesting in concert, but I've yet to hear one of their albums that have at all interested me. It feels like their music comes second to their concept.

ushutdhellup

• Ecstacy
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 01, 2009, 07:49:45 PM »
I dont get sunn thier music is just senseless crap, i mean whats the point using their hands while playing guitar if their gunna make music like that. I think they should just use their butts and shite on their geetars so that they wouldnt look dumb live.

ushutdhellup

• Ecstacy
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 02, 2009, 04:35:39 AM »
theyll be the next radiohead if they do that .  And whatsup with the stupid ')))' on their name. I mean prince is the 1st artist to do that kind of shite but he did it with style 'cuz i remember him realesing an album with just his signiture scroll sign and still manage to sell millions of records. Now thats real genius! I kinda wanna do the same thing 'prince' is doing, realesing the 'dong' ep of mine under 'diq' name with the name written like this '8=Diq'.

ushutdhellup

• Ecstacy
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 02, 2009, 04:36:59 AM »
now suck it!

InSpirit

« Reply #37 on: November 02, 2009, 10:31:50 AM »
They got their name from sunn amps which are out of production now I think. The Kingsmen used them to record louie louie.

ushutdhellup

• Ecstacy
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 02, 2009, 01:36:25 PM »
They got their name from sunn amps which are out of production now I think. The Kingsmen used them to record louie louie.

screw them then. 8=D ((((O))))
« Last Edit: November 02, 2009, 01:41:13 PM by pussy divine »

Feed The Collapse

• Ecstacy
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 02, 2009, 09:23:01 PM »
saw some Queercore band called Transvaal IV the other night. They were pulling some GG Allin shit.  :o

Ghost World

• Ecstacy
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 03, 2009, 04:00:58 AM »
Did anyone get raped or shit on?

first_man

• Ecstacy
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 03, 2009, 05:24:06 AM »
I saw Mayer Hawthorne. THAT DUDE WAS AMAZING. It was like a tent revival with Ike Turner and Bobby Byrd and Otis Redding, except a white suburban guy.

Hugh Jazz

• Ecstacy
    • View Profile
    • Expect Delay
« Reply #42 on: November 03, 2009, 08:58:36 PM »
Did anyone get raped or shit on?

Are you kidding me?

OF COURSE PEOPLE GOT RAPED AND SHIT ON!  It wouldn't be a tIV show if I didn't.

Speaking of shitting on people, the last gig I went to was incidentally my other band's first show on Halloween.  Since our drummer never showed and we were under-rehearsed, we were about as exciting as Creed when Scott Stapp was passing out drunk on stage.  Not good times mang.

Speed

• Ecstacy
  • Googe.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 04, 2009, 05:17:52 AM »
Are you kidding me?

OF COURSE PEOPLE GOT RAPED AND SHIT ON!  It wouldn't be a tIV show if I didn't.

Speaking of shitting on people, the last gig I went to was incidentally my other band's first show on Halloween.  Since our drummer never showed and we were under-rehearsed, we were about as exciting as Creed when Scott Stapp was passing out drunk on stage.  Not good times mang.

So I take it the show didn't go well?

Ghost World

• Ecstacy
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 04, 2009, 07:20:05 AM »

Now Shawn, even though the gig didn't go well, there's no need for such self-deprecating behavior as comparing yourself to Creed. You're too hard on yourself.

Went to Never Say Die! last night, which was seven bands touring together. Despite being rammed with scene kids, it was great. I Wrestled A Bear Once and Oceano were incredible, but I was mainly there to see Horse The Band. Unfortunately, their set was interrupted a few times by a couple of guys calling them "fucking queer" and offering the keyboardist a fight. Wish I was a cool hardcore kid so I could go to shows to be a cunt.