Author Topic: Chapterhouse  (Read 5587 times)

White Trash Hero

• Ecstacy
    • View Profile
Re: Chapterhouse
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2008, 11:15:08 AM »
Yeah, you have to give it a shot. It's a shame they broke up before unveiling that one. Never got the attention it deserved...

Feed The Collapse

• Ecstacy
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2008, 11:20:25 AM »
Only thing that Ride did that was pretty solid was "Nowhere". Even "Going blank again" wasn't that great, in my opinion. I like a few tracks off of "Carnival of light", but that's it.

bad production aside, I like Smile (it combines their first two EPs). Nowhere is half great, but the other half is a complete misstep.

Jeremy

• Geek
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2008, 12:25:06 AM »
Ride is pretty over-rated, but not bad. Chapterhouse is pretty unexceptional. Nothing that either Ride or Catherine Wheel didn't do better.

Catherine Wheel were great. Well, Ferment was, and Chrome had some great stuff on it. Their early EPs and B-Sides were amazing.

~Jeremy~

ruskprick

• Loomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2016, 10:17:58 AM »
Here's a question for the Chapterhouse experts out there:

Has the 2009 re-recording of the monumental Pearl ever been released on CD or vinyl? I've only found on the compilation album The Light Shines Into Your Dream. As far as I know that album was only released as a digital download. I would so very much like to have that version of the song on a factory pressed CD.

Soft As Snow

• Administrator
  • Ecstacy
    • View Profile
    • http://www.loveisforever.org/
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2016, 03:58:19 PM »
Here's a question for the Chapterhouse experts out there:

Has the 2009 re-recording of the monumental Pearl ever been released on CD or vinyl? I've only found on the compilation album The Light Shines Into Your Dream. As far as I know that album was only released as a digital download. I would so very much like to have that version of the song on a factory pressed CD.
Nope